Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Is that the Good Book?


Today on the bus an older gentleman approached me and asked 'Is that the Good Book?'.  At first I thought he asked is that 'A' good book, but I realized quickly that, no, he had asked is that 'THE' Good Book. 

I indicated yes and he told me, 'Keep studying it son, it is the only real source of truth'.  I smiled and said 'absolutely' and he then he told me, 'I have a my copy right here' and indicated the case he was carrying.

I was reading from 1 Peter 1: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,  to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading..."
 
What a blessed truth it is.

No comments: